Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dinner Jan 15, 2008 - Tofu scramble



Based on a inspirational comment when eating with our friends Jeff and Ruth Browning about tofu scramble, I tried the recipe from Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live pg 220 tonight. Also I did a simple braised kale (onion and garlic braised in water until soft, add kale and cook until soft). Finally I did another favorite of chili roasted root vegetables. I dice white potatoes, sweet potatoes half of a turnip and onions sliced and broken into rings.. toss with a little garlic oil (less than a tsp for big bowl), chili powder, fresh garlic, cumin, Mrs Dash and a little water... bake in oven for 45-50 minutes. Finally I heated the steamed squash from the night before and put a little diced pistachio nuts and raisins. This is the round green and white squash that we originally mistook for turban squash. Other than a little chopping and braising it was not difficult. ... Oh I sprinkled a little balsamic vinegar on the kale.


All in all it was quite successful.


Ray

No comments: