Monday, January 28, 2008

Dinner January 28, 2008 - Tofu Spinach Pot


Okay so some squash is so hard and BIG that it requires extra tools to cut it. The turban squash we bought was quite large. I brought out a seratted knife from Cutco (you know cuts anything) and tried to slice it.. not happening. Then I tried a big chef's knife... not even close. So, no kidding, I brought out my saw from the woodshed. That finally worked. Here is a picture to the left that gives you an idea.....


Anyhow we had a fairly good dinner. Tonight we tried Furhmans Tofu Spinach Pot (Eat to Live page 222) with the squash. We added some raisons and drizzled maple syrup.

The recipe for the Tofu Spinach Pot is very easy to do. It includes:
- 1 lb firm or extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 (10-oz.) box frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp onion powder (ooop I put a lot more.. but it was good)
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
Saute all the ingredients in the veggie broth .. actually I used the veggie broth powder... We really liked the Tofu Spinach Pot!

No comments: