Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dinner Jan 16 2008 - Veggie Chili



So dinner tonight was simple but tasty. We made the vegetarian chili from Eat to Live pg 222. It has kidney beans, textured vegetable protein, raisins, along with a large number of veggies such as carots, celery, onions and green peppers. Perhaps we got it a little watery but it was very tasty. To that we added a salad... brown rice was optional. All in all, it was very satisfying.


Ray


P.S. - I thought I would mention the rest of the day. For breakfast, I had oatmeal with raisins, cinamon and tblsp flaxseeds and an all fruit smoothie... supplements are vitamins (Whole Foods Complete) and Plant Sterol Esthers. Lunch was a sandwich of homemade whole wheat and oat bread, a lot of almond butter and banana. I tend to snack lightly on nuts, fruit and carrots during the day. I tend to be heavier on nuts due to my weight being low and my high level of activity.

No comments: